After School Program
We exist so East End youth increasingly believe and embody: “We matter. We are maturing. We can make a difference." Because of God and his good news, we practice radical hospitality, authentic relationships, and meaningful opportunities, in order to foster the identity, resiliency, and agency of youth in the East End. CHAT offers five core After School Programs, all of which are led by our team of staff, interns, residents, and volunteers.
- After School Mentoring pairs students with a trusted adult who helps with homework and encourages positive life choices. Additionally, students receive dinner, recreation time, and spiritual instruction.
- Youth Group and Discipleship Groups are in partnership with East End Fellowship, and are opportunities learn and live the basics of Christian faith.
- Electives are once-a-week opportunities for enrichment in partnership with community members and organizations. Subject to change every semester, they have included: Sewing, Squash Rocks, Richmond Urban Dance, Nehemiah's Workshop, and more.
- Phantoms Basketball Team is a high school varsity boys basketball team that focuses on character and spiritual development while competing against other metropolitan Richmond varsity teams in the Capital City Athletic Conference (CCAC).
- Summer Day Camp is an opportunity for students to stay connected with each one another and the CHAT family of Staff and Volunteers.