After School Program
Because of God and his good news, our After School Program goals are to practice radical hospitality, authentic relationships, and meaningful opportunities, in order to foster identity, resiliency, and agency. We work so East End students increasingly believe and embody: “We matter. We are maturing. We can make a difference." CHAT offers five core After School Programs, all of which are led by our team of staff, interns, residents, and volunteers.
- After School Mentoring pairs students with a trusted adult who helps with homework and encourages positive life choices. Additiionally, students receive dinner, recreation time, and spiritual instruction.
- Youth Group and Discipleship Groups are in partnership with East End Fellowship, and are opportunities learn and live the basics of Christian faith.
- Electives are once-a-week opportunities for enrichment in partnership with community members and organizations. Subject to change every semester, they have included: Sewing, Squash Rocks, Richmond Urban Dance, Nehemiah's Workshop, and more.
- Phantoms Basketball Team is a high school varsity boys basketball team that focuses on character and spiritual development while competing against other metropolitan Richmond varsity teams in the Capital City Athletic Conference (CCAC).
- Summer Day Camp is an opportunity for students to stay connected with each one another and the CHAT family of Staff and Volunteers.
CHAT Summer Day Camp registration is at capacity and is no longer available! We hope that you will join us next summer!